Developing High-Performing Teams
High performing teams have common characteristics. They are an interdependent stable group of individuals who share responsibility, trust and values while having a clear focus and drive on a common goal. The value of a high performing team has long been recognised, and its why there is a 1.9 times increased likelihood of having above average financial performance when the top team is working together towards a common vision. Building and maintaining a high performing team continues to be a challenge for most organisations but the rewards you get if you do so are worth the investment.
Every team and organisation is unique and has their own strengths and challenges. Broadhead Performance prides itself on getting to know you before offering a solution.
Experience in a range of sectors informs the design of solutions that help you to become a high performing team. Areas covered include:
- development of team vision and objectives
- agreeing behaviours that will be reinforced and those that will be challenged
- developing psychological safety (sharing and learning from mistakes)
- helping people to understand each other better
- developing more effective ways of communication
- improving feedback and tough conversation skills
- performing well whilst maintaining the wellbeing of employees.
Support can be provided on a short-term or long-term basis. Learning is designed so that changes are sustainable and make a difference. Having a framework to help people understand themselves and others helps people talk about areas they might otherwise find difficult.